Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What a LIFE!

I know there is something REALLY wrong with this picture! What a life though, how would it be?! I baught Nash a potty a couple of weeks ago because lately he has been taking his diaper off & going on the floor. Not so fun for mom. He was interested in it at first, but I think only because it was a new "TOY." He wouldn't go potty on it though. One night I was determined & made him sit on it for probably an hour. I read him stories & everything. It ended with him in tears & me about. Justin said it was torture, me making him sit there. As soon as he got off though, he went on the floor!
This is the first night we got it. I just showed it to him & he knew exsactly what to do. He is off the bottle, but he won't drink milk out of a cup or sippy so I give him one at bedtime. So he decided to drink it on his new toy!

He's such a little cheeseball! He really doesn't like the potty though, only to play with.

I'm not sure if he's quite ready so I put it away. I just don't know, he is my first & I really don't even know how to do the whole boy potty thing. Any advice?! Do you think it's to early? I really think that if a kid is smart enough to know to take off his diaper every time he needs to go then he is smart enough to go on the toilet. Besides that he is going to be 2 in October. SO what do all of you pro Moms think here?


12 comments:

The Banners said...

Oh no now I know what I have to look forward to. By the way your headline thing is way cute where do you make those at?

Stephanie said...

I haven't ever potty trained myself but I have heard that it's good to have the potty out and around so they become use to it. I don't know though - can't tell you that from experience! When you do figure it out though you will have to let me know so that I can use your expertise on Jack when he is old enough! Good luck!

Kendall said...

I LOVE ur new background....makeover mine!!! nash and the baba on the potty cracks me up-

Kim said...

First of all I love the photos! My kids wouldn't drink milk out of a cup either! Lacey would pull the funniest face and say eeekkk caca milk! So funny! Second no mom is a pro, as all kids are different! Matt used to take Bridger to the bath room with him so Bridg could see how it was done! I deff say start them SITTING down tho! Keep introducing the potty ask him if he has to go but I wouldn't sit there for hours if I was you, not yet any way! It will become a control issue. Because in the end he has to be the one that wants to, you can't control his bladder! Good luck, try not to stress out!

Anonymous said...

Want to hear how I potty trained Jax?... My dad taught him that he could pee outside off the porch. So seriously as soon as he learned that he never had an accident again! Of course- I am still trying to teach him that he can't just pee anywhere now and he still runs outside to pee sometimes even when the bathroom is not occupied?! I would say try showing him that he can go standing up-outside- he will think that is fun! Good luck!

Mary said...

With V. I finaly started taking her potty every hour. We would sit on the potty for a few mins. Then get up. { She never liked the little potty. She wanted to use the big potty. SO I let her}
Also, try to pay attention to when he goes. Is it right after he wakes up from a nap? With V. I noticed she would pee about 1/2 hour after drinking. So I made sure to take her potty about 20-30 min. after she would drink.
But every kid is different, and he will just start to go when he is ready. Sometimes you need to take a break{for both of you} And try again in a week.
But when you start to use pullups, you gotta go the whole way. Don't go back to diapers at all. Or he will get confused and forget what he is wearing, does that make sense?

Kristin said...

My best advice is wait til closer to three. Little boys can't even understand until then. He will become more interested. I agree with Sheri. Little boys are easier to train outside in the summer. They are always too busy to stop and go to the potty. Just teach them to go outside. (With some boundaries of course.)

megkey said...

Nash is such a doll!!! sounds like he is all boy. I bet he is super fun though. I can't wait to have kids. Your blog is really cute too. I still am learning how to do them. Your headline thing is really cute. I'm glad you found my blog. I do love Idaho and I can't believe we ever used to say we wanted out of here. It's HOME!

EMiller said...

He's going to hate this photos once he hits high school! I have never seen someone so happy on the potty! Haha.

Collins Crew said...

Potty training is an F-ING NIGHTMARE right?!?! Why does no-one just come out and say that?!?! help ease the pain a little people- I still feel like potty training/motherhood B-SLAPPED me in the face, PUNCHED me in the ear, and KICKED me between the legs... HARD, and multiple times! your post of frustration is TOTALLY warrented in my book. Just accept that little fact, brace yourself for the A-kicking it WILL deliver and you should come out on top- LOL. good luck!

Brittany said...

Those pictures crack me up. I would give you advice but I've only potty trained a dog pretty sure that's not the same lol. Good luck.

The VanOrden Family said...

i agree with kristen... i thought blake was ready a few months ago and it was misery. he'll be 3 in oct. and i'm so sick of diapers, but he is doing great on the potty. now that he is a little older, he can tell when he needs to go, tell me without it happening 2 seconds later and pull up his own undies, so much better. still in diapers when we go out, but he's not confused like some little ones are... wait it out, he'll be ready before too long :)