Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My kid will never.....

Before I ever had kids, I would see other parents do things & I would say "my kid will never," or "I will never." It's really funny because a lot of the things I said I would NEVER... I have! People who don't have kids have NO idea what to expect. I am a true believer that until you have kids you truely don't get it. And by it... I mean everything. You don't get the Love you'll actually feel, you don't get the craziness or frustration you will feel, you don't get what life is about either!
Here are a few of my NEVERS, that I sure have! (and don't think I didn't notice the stares from others thinking, my kid will NEVER)!
Before having my own child I said I would NEVER let my kid scream, cry, or throw a tantrum in public! Well at this particular dinner Nash climbed all over the table, threw stuff, screamed. Spilled pops & pulled things off the table. All I could do was bow my head in shame!

See that little hand wrapped up in purple? Well I though, I'll watch my Baby well enough to never let him get hurt too bad. Well Nash burnt his hand around christmas time on the gas stove. We had to go to the ER & he had to do physical therapy for a month after. I felt like a horrible mother!


My kid will NEVER sleep in the bed with us. Still sleeping in it... gonna be 2 in october!


This was a BIG never for me. My kid will never wear one of those awful dog leash things! Take a look at the picture people. I only used it once whil flying to AZ alone.

And yes, I said my kid will not drink pop, eat candy, or chocolate! He does look pretty cute though right?
On the list of Nevers
Spanking(yes I have done this & Nash could care less)
Yell at ( i sure have)
Swear in front of ( it has slipped a time or 2)
I might as well just stop with the list because pretty much EVERYTHING I said I would NEVER... I have!
This little boy can be so naughty at times. He test my patience all day long & can be quite the little monster. But I seriously love him more than words could explain! It is all worth it when he runs up to me, wraps his arms around my neck, and says (in the sweetest little voice) "mama." I know I've said this before, but motherhood does crazy things to a girl!

14 comments:

Mary said...

HAHA! I'm the same way! Things that my parents did, I said I wouldn't do with my own kids. I think I'm more paronoid and protective then they were!
And I agree, motherhood definetly changes a girl!

EMiller said...

I'm sure our parents did those "nevers" and we turned out alright. You are doing a great job as a mother!

Nick and Emily said...

Your post makes me laugh! I am the exact same way! I had a huge list of "nevers" at one time... pretty sure I do about all of them now. Gotta love being a mom, it makes you crazy. :)

Megan and Alyvia said...

Haha, cute post!! I am the same way, and Livie is 4!! Being a mom is so crazy great huh!

web.me.com/sarahthompson5 said...

I know exactly what you mean!!! There are days that I'm glad we all just make it through alive :) I love my boys so much though. Just think about having 2 boys like me. It's twice the trouble. :) It's all worth it at the end of the day. (I think) :) Your little Nash is such a little cutie. Sarah Thompson

Stephanie said...

I love it - I am constantly finding out that I am doing my "nevers" too! I love your post on Nash - they always make me smile - so just remember when you patience is thin that I will get a chuckle out of it when you blog!

Kendall said...

seriosuly the leash though....haha...just kidding...I think my list might be longer than urs on nevers!

Kim said...

I have done ALL of my nevers too! I think before people have kids the expectations of how others should handle their kids is so crazy! Now I see the crazy mom and walmart that you can tell is about to explode and I feel really bad for her cause I have been there done that! Try and focus on all the things you said you WOULD do as a Mom! As long as that list is getting check marks to, then your doing a great job!

Derek and Laressa Hanni said...

Kids definatly bring out the best and worst in us mothers don't they. Im sure our kids still love us when we make those small mistakes. After all we love them when they make mistakes.

Jake and Amy said...

Your list made me laugh...it is identical to mine! And you know what...our boys are still alive, miracle of all miracles! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Your list of "Nevers" is funny but is the truth. Your the brave one to post it and admit that you do the things that you always said you would "Never"... do LOL. I do the "when I have kids I will never.." but I know it will change once I have kids. I think Nash is adorable and all boy from the sounds of things. I think you and Justing must be doing something right he's still here and still loves your guys :) do

Collins Crew said...

hah, isn't mother hood a blast!?! amen to that entire post.

The VanOrden Family said...

thanks for this post, i can tell you're a great mom! glad i'm not the only one thats taken their kid to the ER for burns... i still have a couple rules i'm holding strong too, but i'm much more lax than i thought i would be :)

Mandi Kay said...

HAHAHAHAHAH LOVED reading this!!! Every Mom can agree with that!!! You're an awesome Mom you love that little boy so much!! It's hard to not expect yourself to be anything less than perfect because you want so much for them. You're doing a good job!!