I have decided that there are some not so true statements when it comes to motherhood. It all first starts when you become pregnant. You know the whole morning sickness thing... well it's a lie.... because it didn't just last in the morning. Oh no.. I barfed my guts out all day and through the night. That's how the lies start.
Now we are dealing with a little thing called the terrible twos... another not so true statement... because Nashy isn't even 2 yet. You see when he was born... he was the sweetest little boy ever. I'm not even kidding you, or just saying this because I'm partial or anything. Literally, he was so calm and dosile, always happy. Most of our family would say they had never even heard him cry. There were days he really didn't ever cry too. Let's just say we are far from those days now. Daily I deal with a tantrums, hitting, biting, and a pinching boy. This boy is seriously WILD!
I was telling my Dad the other day about how hard headed Nash is and he started laughing. He said ''hummm... let me think, I swear I know someone just like that... huh... who is it... oh yeah... my oldest daughter.. YOU.'' I guess I'm getting my payback, and if that is what this is, I know I'm in for a long road.
I'm not quite sure how to deal with him at times, but I'm going for the whole love him through it and have patience things. How about all of you.. any tips?!
P.S. we are still going to be making our blog private in a couple of weeks... i just want to give everyone a chance to get me their emails. I decided to do this because I added a little live feed thing on the side. I don't care about other bloggers or people I know looking at my blog, I just don't like how there are daily strangers across the world clicking onto my blog through a google search. So if you haven't yet... please leave me your email.
P.S. we are still going to be making our blog private in a couple of weeks... i just want to give everyone a chance to get me their emails. I decided to do this because I added a little live feed thing on the side. I don't care about other bloggers or people I know looking at my blog, I just don't like how there are daily strangers across the world clicking onto my blog through a google search. So if you haven't yet... please leave me your email.





15 comments:
Your pictures don't do your blog justice. He still just looks cute, innocent, and harmless in photos. Haha. I kinda wanna meet this young man. Last time I saw him he was tiny tiny at a basketball game.
Hailey I am so there. Madison can be so "naughty" at times. But what can you do but love them. I want you to add me to your blog before you make it private. I am starting a blog to so i think that my address is jtmfields@gmail.com let me know if it doesn't work right.
Wait until he's 3 and has attitude, I thought 2 was way easier then 3!
Yeah, I have to sgree with you. V's terrible twos syarted in at around 16 months. What a lie! I thought I had a good more 6 months before dealing with that! And then comes the worser threes. Sorry to tell you that, but I think you should be prepared. The independance and stubborness only gets worse the older they get!
Anyway, cute photos! And I think you are a great mom, don't get down on yourself! Just remember that all too soon he won't be little anymore and you'll wish for these days again.{That's what people tell me}
Wow! I guess I should've spellchecked that last one! Horrible!;)
Don't worry he really will grow out of it. Landon was the same way and everyone told me "just wait til he is 3, then it is really bad", but actually he turned three and is so much easier now. Keep us updated ljoh17@hotmail.com
My mom use to tell me I hope you have a kid just like you and I said me too cuz then I will know how to handle them haha, good to know that my strategy probably isn't going to work for me. Good luck but he's sure cute.
Oh Nashie! He is not your average little one and I have a few to compare him to. He seriously can run so FAST!! That was so funny at the fair. Jack was trying to be so tough, but just couldn't keep it together. You've heard this before, try to enjoy it blah blah blah, but it's honestly so true. Because in a year, things WILL be different and the problems you're having today will be replaced by new ones. I think you're doing a great job. Every time I see you guys there is no doubt in my mind he is completely loved and I think that is the most important. My only advice is just to try to see things in perspective and not get so worked up over a tantrum. Heaven knows I've lost it way too many times, especially with Parker. Hang in there!
oh man....I think the worst is yet to come with lil Nashy!!~
Wyatt has started doing some of those things too! Drives me CRAZY! I want to keep updated so here's my email... e_wilson32@yahoo.com
J is having the same problem if I tell her NO she just throws a fit. I think it's just the age of tempertantrums, she doesn't bite or hit but tantrums are everyday all day. My lil cousin bites and we put pressure on her top lip and say NO bite and then time out she gets off but we have to keep putting her on. It seems to be doing the trick but who knows. Just keep doing what your doing>> Love him.. That's all we can do. Love them. Everything will get better. Sooner or later..
At least your honest about motherhood, right?! :) Ha ha. Anyhow, nice job in the parade! You guys make a semi look good!
Hey I dont think you know me ( Im related to Julie Thompson Monahan) but I love to read your blog, it gives me comfort that im not the only mom out there that is raising a wild "animal". I hope its ok if I follow your blog?! my address is k1ss_me2@hotmail.com p.s. my brother in-law went to snake river wondering if you know him? Jake Stander
I can't remember if I left me email yet or not. kjhigham@hotmail.com. It was good to see you the other night! It's been a loong time! AND of course, I looked like crap. Oh well... How was Nash's bed?
Hi Hailey, I was just blog surfing and came across yours on Em's blog. I think I have an idea of how you feel. Nathan is almost 3 and seriously sometimes I wonder what I have done! He is a maniac! Anyway, I was reading somewhere that when your toddler throws a tantrum you should get down there right with them and throw an even bigger one. I tried it a couple times and it really doesn't help except that it changed my attitude. (and it just goes to show that I was desperately trying everything) Just hang in there.
Post a Comment