Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Late Father's Day

I know this Father's Day post is a little late, but we've been busy lately! We are pretty sure that we have the best Dad though... so a post was in need!
Justin really is such a good Dad. I had no idea if he would be one of those Dad's who doesn't really like to hold the newborn baby & won't really help out.. but he is nothing like that. From the day Nash has been born he has done EVERYTHING needed. He changes diapers, feeds Nash (even fruits & vegtables), & cuddles up with him all the time.
I'll never forget the day we drove home from the hospital after having Nash. Justin drove home going about 10 mph. He said it was because he was worried about the precious cargo aboard now. It made me laugh!

When I quit nursing Nash & he was about 6 mo. old I was ready to put him in the crib. Justin couldn't handle it. Even though the nursery was only across the hallway & Nash was sleeping soundly in his crib, Justin would go get him & bring him in bed with him. He said he was in there all by himself & that was sad! I'm not sure he feels the same now that our baby is nearly 2 & still sleeping in our bed!

Here's a few of their fav things to do together...
  • Eat candy & drink pop (Justin brings nash a treat home every day)
  • Play in the water outside
  • Go for wagon rides
  • Ride in the truck together
  • Feed cows together, & pet the horses
  • snuggle up & take a nap

Justin always says he can't wait to get home just to see Nash & play with him. I'm pretty sure that there isn't anyone Nash loves more than his Dad too. Every morning when he wakes up he says to me "Want Dada."

WE Love you Justin, Happy Father's Day!



4 comments:

Collins Crew said...

ah, cute post, but I can't read the writting, that light blue color of font is too light against the white background on my computer! Im sure it was very sweet and directed at Just. You two are perfect for each other, and he seems like a great little daddy!

Lacey said...

AHH, how sweet. That is funny that JUSTIN was the one to put him in your bed. ha ha. Cute post.

Megan and Alyvia said...

Cute post!! What a good daddy!! (:

Mandi Kay said...

Really sweet post, gave me goose pimples! :)